Top 20 Personal Narrative Essay Topics That Are Trending In 2020
Personal narrative essays tell a story- your story. It is an opportunity for you to share your experiences, specific events of your life or your perspective on a specific matter. After all, your supervisors expect you to write about things that you care about or that matter to you. Thus, the overall quality of your paper depends on the topic you choose. You may not have an interesting experience in a specific field. But, that shouldn't stop you from fetching higher grades in the paper. It all depends on your topic. So, here are the most trending personal narrative essay topics and ideas in 2020. Get some inspiration from these ideas and write your paper accordingly.
Trending Personal Narrative Essay Topics For College Students
It’s okay if you don’t have any idea about where to start while working on your essay. There are tons of students who face this issue. So, check out the most interesting personal narrative essay ideas that can help you write a great paper without any hassle.
- Movies like Shoplifters and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas show the importance of loyalty and friendship. Tell us about a time in your life when friendship played an integral role.
- It is often said that animals are the best friends of humans. Describe a phase of your life when this saying proved to be true.
- Your first job requires you to move to a different new city. Describe the steps you will take to prepare for this move.
- Pick a particular adjective that suits you. Justify your choice through a real story in your life.
- It is often said that one shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. Describe an experience where you misjudged someone or when someone misjudged you.
- Dealing with disappointment or rejection tells a great deal about what is important to him or her. So, you can tell us about a time when you confronted disappointment and how you dealt with it.
- Adolescents often promise themselves not to be like their parents when they grow up. However, we realize that there a lot of ways we are similar to our parents. Describe an experience when you felt you were behaving or reacting like your parent.
- Significant life events such as a new job or the birth of a sibling have a major impact on us. Describe an event that had a considerable influence on you.
- It is often said that you can't be hurt by things that you don't know. However, in reality, the opposite is what happens. Describe a time when you were hurt by something you didn’t know.
- Parents are our first teachers. Describe a time when you learnt something valuable from your parents.
- We often discover ourselves when we are forced to handle an unexpected situation. Describe a time when you too faced with something unexpected and what you learn from the process.
- Preconceived notions are mostly false. Tell about a time in your life when you heard a preconceived notion about yourself and that turned out to be false.
- Certain experiences in our life help us examine our basic beliefs and values. Tell about one of your experiences that helped you examine the same.
- We have often talked about people who lost control and went beyond reason. Tell about such an experience along with the reasons.
- We tend to get hold of some of our richest experiences by traveling. Tell me about such a memorable experience in your life.
- Describe a time when you had to put yourself at risk to do something that was right.
- We usually take nature for granted. Describe an experience that made you appreciate the natural world.
- Most of us have to make certain hard decisions throughout our lives. Describe a time when you had to make such a tough decision.
- Describe an experience that helped you to understand another person better and without any biases.
- We all are afraid of something or the other. Describe an experience where you were forced to face your deepest fears. What did you do? How did you overcome the fear?
Try getting some inspiration from these ideas and start writing your narrative essay. Besides an impressive topic, you should also be aware of the basic personal narrative essay structure. Feel free to consult with your teachers if you are still confused about which topic to use and how. Now let’s take a look at how to write a personal narrative essay.
3 Simple Tips To Craft An Impressive Personal Narrative Essay
The most interesting thing about a personal narrative essay is that it gives vivid descriptions to the readers so that they can reach the right conclusion. You can try rate my paper tool to rate your writing work online. However, you must follow these three major tips to write a well-structured essay that is appealing to your readers.
1. Decide The Purpose of Your Essay First
Does this essay help you earn a scholarship? If so, then what is the background or the main theme of the scholarship community you have applied for? Is this essay going to help you land your dream job after graduation? Unpack the purpose of your narrative essay to put the right information in it according to the expectations of your seniors.
2. Uncover The Main Point in The Thesis Statement
Tell your readers whatever it is you have decided to convey through your essay. The context of your essay should be clear right in the thesis statement. Include a strong main point relevant to your topic in the opening paragraph of your essay.
3. Construct Your Story
Introduce each character of your story and develop the characters as you proceed with the body paragraphs. Bring your thesis statement to life and make your essay memorable. Include as many details as you can to enhance the authenticity of your essay.
Like all other essays, a personal narrative essay also consists of three main elements- introduction, body, and conclusion. Organize your details logically throughout the paper to get a perfectly well-written paper done on time. Check out examples of a personal narrative essay that are available online for better references.
Do not forget to create a personal narrative essay outline before you start writing the paper. The outline can help you complete it on time and without any stress. Pick the topic from the ideas as shared above and write a perfect essay within your deadlines. Good Luck.
Need Help With Writing Personal Narrative Essays?
Our Writers Are Here To Help
We have appointed some of the most eminent writers at Essaygator.com to take care of your personal narrative essays. Whether you need it to ace your scholarship program or for your academic tasks, our writers are right at your disposal. We are aware of the university guidelines and will write your essay accordingly. Trust and we bet you won’t be disappointed with our services. The benefits of availing our services are:
- Quick turnaround time
- Instant response
- Ph.D. qualified and experienced essay writers
- Reasonable charges
- Impressive discounts
What are you waiting for? Our support team works round the clock for you. Get in touch with us if you have any queries regarding our services.