Useful Insight Into Choosing Perfect Narrative Essay Topics With Examples
Wouldn’t it be nice if you had telekinetic abilities or you could disappear at any time? While these are just hypothetical situations, but when you’re writing a narrative essay, it allows you to approach these situations as if they’re real. Simply put, narrative essay writing closely resembles story writing and requires you to flex your creative muscles.
A narrative essay is similar to writing a story. It is generally anecdotal or experiential. The fundamental purpose of writing this type of essay is to tell the readers a story that you are or were a part of. So, a narrative story is a little more personal than the other genres of essays.
Now, even before you can get to the writing part, you need to decide on an appealing topic. If this is part you’re struggling with, then we have presented a few tips and topic ideas for you to consider. Not just that; we've also briefly mentioned the elements of narrative essays and provided a basic outline as well.
Five Elements Of A Narrative Essay
A narrative essay has five basic but crucial elements. These essential components keep the narrative running seamlessly and let the action unfold in a logical way so that it’s easier for the readers to follow. These elements include-
The narrative revolves around characters. The writer needs to introduce the characters with enough information so that the readers can visualize each person. Every narrative should consist of the main character.
It is the set of events or occurrences in the essay. A plot should have a clear beginning, middle, and end.
This refers to the location, time, and environment in which the event took place.
Every story involves conflict. In fact, the plot revolves around the conflict and the ways in which the characters attempt to resolve it. When the actions in the narrative essay become most exciting, right before the resolution, it’s known as the climax.
The solution to the conflict is the way the action is resolved. It’s essential that the resolution fit the rest of the essay in tone and creativity and solve all aspects of the conflict.
Outline Of The Narrative Essay
Before you start working on your narrative essay, draw up a simple outline like the one mentioned below.
- A little background on the topic
- Thesis statement
- The beginning of the event
- The climax of the event
(So, majority of the main parts of narration generally lies in the body paragraphs)
- The message or moral of the story
- Discussions, comments, and call to action
How to choose a perfect narrative essay topic
Step 1: Carry out proper brainstorming
You need to devote time to find intriguing ideas for your narrative essay. While brainstorming, let your ideas flow freely and don’t try to narrow your topic now. Decide whether you want to write a personal or fictional narrative essay. Once you’ve made an extensive list of potential topics, you can select the one that works for you.
Step 2: Focus on a meaningful event
Choose a meaningful event to elaborate on. Check your list of ideas to decide on an event that fits the requirement of your essay paper. Then, narrow down your topic to a single, specific incident. Try not to cover too much in one essay, as this will be too hard for your reader to follow.
Step 3: Determine a theme for your essay
Think about the story you’re going to narrate and how that makes you feel. Also, consider how you want the readers to feel after they read your essay. Depending on your answers to these questions, select a core theme or message for your essay.
Step 4: Select a point of view to narrate the story
Decide whether you'll write your essay in first person or third person. Your perspective is going to be based on who is telling the story. If you're going to tell a personal story, your point-of-view should always be in the first person. Similarly, you’ll employ third-person point-of-view if you're telling a story about a character or another person other than yourself.
A list of compelling topics on narrative essays
- My first day in college
- My biggest fight with my friend
- The day I learned to swim
- My journey to a hilly resort
- The first time I got A grade in my college paper
- When I shared my accommodation with a roommate
- The first night out with my friends in college
- The person you admire the most in life
- Attending a friend’s dinner party
- The time when you went broke
- Your best day with friends
- One superpower I’d like to possess
- The first time I faced rejection and the lesson it taught me
- How I imagine space exploration should be like in the future
- A fun and unique holiday tradition in my family
- An encounter with a fictional character
- A book that changed my views about life
- The time when I found hope even amidst a difficult situation
- The time I indulged in a random act of kindness
- My experience while volunteering in an old age home.
- A prized possession of mine.
- My experience of traveling solo in a foreign country
- A person who has had the most impact on my life
- The time when I went scuba diving
- One misconception I wish I never had
- My journey to a historical place
- A hobby that has influenced my life greatly
- One positive impact of social media that I have experience
- A chance meeting with a friend I have not been in touch with
- My biggest fear
- One personality trait I admire the most in people
Finding an attractive topic of a narrative essay may seem quite difficult for you. But following the steps mentioned in here will help you put together an excellent narrative essay.
Receive well-crafted narrative essays when you approach Essaygator.com
One of the many reasons students struggle while preparing a narrative essay topic is because of their inability to find a suitable one. In fact, selecting a topic also involves an elaborate process. Now, if you’re confused about picking a nice topic, then it’s best to consider seeking help from the experts of Essaygator.com.
The essay writers from Essaygator.com will not only help you come up with a brilliant topic but also carry out every step of the essay writing process perfectly. They will create the outline, incorporate meaningful details on the topic, and present a well-defined introduction and conclusion.
These writers have been working this genre of essay for a long time to know how to present the information accurately. They will customize your essay paper exactly according to your specifications. They have had a stellar record for maintaining the flawlessness in every essay they work on. We also have editors who will ensure you receive an error-free paper.Moreover, you can look forward to other important features on our site, which include-
- Free samples of narrative essays
- Complete confidentiality of personal details
- Free unlimited rework system
- The fast response through live chat
So, place your orders for narrative essays immediately.