Guidelines For Writing A Thank You Note To A Professor
In student life, you may come across many teachers who will make a big difference in your life. These teachers will remain etched in your memory for the rest of your life. You may feel like thanking them for making a positive impact on your life — encouraging you when things seemed impossible; guiding you when you were lost; supporting you when no one was there. When writing a ‘thank you’ note, you should be honest with your feelings and show respect to your teacher/professor. Mention all those instances when
he or she helped you directly as well as indirectly.
If you are confused as to how to how to write the thank you note to your professor, read this article carefully.
Give your best shot!
Here is our step-by-step guide to help you out.
1. First, Go traditional:
In today’s technological world, handwritten notes may seem obsolete. But handwritten notes have always been a thoughtful way to express your gratitude and expression. Your teacher will certainly appreciate your efforts; he or she may treasure the experience for the rest of the life.
2. Second, Tell everything:
Expressing your feelings honestly and sincerely through words is the best way to show your gratitude to someone. Mention all those moments in which he stayed with you or helped you.
3. Third, Be simple and effective:
To leave the best effects of your words, keep the sentences short; use the words you are comfortable with. Make sure the writing is natural and has light tone in it.
4. Fourth, Avoid clichés:
Never state the obvious. Cliché phrases that you should avoid including in your thank you note are,
I have decided to thank you in writing for………
I am writing this letter because………..
5. Fifth, Don’t repeat:
Stating your thanks once is sufficient. Repeatedly stating how thankful you are makes the writing a drag. If you choose to repeat your gratitude, do that in the closing phrase. You could write,
Your gratitude meant so much to me and won’t be forgotten.
Finally close with your name on a line by itself.
Here are 15 short thank you note examples from which you can take inspiration, and create one of your own. Your thank you note does not have to be 3-page long. It can be of few words length only, but it should fulfill the purpose i.e. expressing gratitude towards your teacher and letting him/her know how much he/she means in your life.
- Technology has made easier for the students to learn with new devices, but nothing can come closer to the experience of being taught by a teacher like you. Thank you.
- It is easy to take you for granted and it is tough to forget your inspirational words. It is easy to misbehave in the class, but it is difficult to avoid your motivational voice. It is easy to spot annoyance in your voice, but it is hard to realize the patience you had while dealing with us. Thanks for overlooking the EASYs and never forgetting to do the DIFFICULTs.
- Dear teacher, thanks for not making us learn the way you wanted to teach, but teaching us the way we wanted to learn.
- Right now I am doing the same what you have always taught me to do when someone does something nice for you – say thank you. Thanks for making me what I am now.
- Dear teacher, you are the best for me because you brought out the best in us.
- Classrooms can run without iPads, computers, but not with inspirational teachers like you. Thanks for being irreplaceable teacher that you are.
- Ordinary teachers educate their students to succeed, Great teachers teach their students to convert their failures into success. I am thankful to you.
- The future of students does not lie in the hands of the new technological inventions and scientific breakthroughs, but in the hands of responsible teacher like you because that’s where it starts from. Thank you.
- Dear teacher, we do not say this every day. But I want to confess that your inspirational words are like beautiful footprints that have been etched in our hearts and minds forever. I cannot thank you more.
- A lot of life’s significant decision takes birth from something simple but profound inspirational words from a teacher like you.
- Without you, school would not be tolerable, math likable and goals achievable. Thank you.
- Nothing can come closer to the inspirational presence of a teacher like you in student’s journey. You may have no idea about how important role you play in my life. Thank you.
- Dear teacher, thanks for teaching us life’s lesson which we would have never learnt from textbooks and reference books.
- Throughout the year, you helped us all get rid of all academic fear, except one – what would we do without you? Thank you.
- You compliments and encouragement have always been important to me. But your punishments and criticism have been more important because they have made me what I am today. Thank you.
A sample thank you note:
It is unlike of a student to share his/her feelings within the classroom. But sending a thank you note to your teacher sounds very thoughtful. Your thank you note does not have to be a small one. Sometimes, you need more space to arrange your feeling in the proper manner.
So here is an example of thank you note in a more descriptive manner.
Many believed that there was a disconnection between students and teachers. I also believed that. However, when I spoke to my classmates, we all agreed that you have done a great job being an effective and amazing college instructor. I thought I should thank you for being an excellent professor to us.
Frankly, I used to get tired coming to class, taking notes and leaving each time. But when you introduced videos in class activities and discussion, it kept us engaged and drew us to the classes. It helped us to remain more engaged throughout when we started with a relevant discussion or activity in the class. I am thankful that you discarded the typical and traditional learning process.
Your lessons seemed much easier to remember. The reason is you presented the opportunity to relate the lesson with something we already knew. Every lesson and term you explained, you related it to current real-life example. Most of the examples came from recent new stories, sports headlines, entertainment topics which helped even more. You brilliantly changed the idea of boring lectures. Instead of standing in one place, you would walk around the corners of the classroom so that we could hear from the back.
No one can beat your enthusiasm. It may seem impossible to think college students to could be alive, alert and attentive for 8 am class. We become enthusiastic because you were excited to teach. Your constant smile on the face and jokes created such positive environment in the classroom. In my freshman year, almost all things were failing apart. Your mid-semester check-up was true wake-up call for me.
You are my favorite because you do more than what is required of you as an instructor. Thanks for believing in me.
There is no teacher who would not take pleasure in knowing that his or her class left an impact on the students. So write a thank-you note and put up a smile on their faces.
How EssayGator.com assists you to impress your professors
Teachers wants you to do well in the class activities and submit due assignments in timely manner. But sometimes you need to do simultaneous assignments, and you fear that you would ruin the quality of the writing by not doing enough because you don’t have enough time. That’s where EssayGator.com plays a significant role in the students’ life.
Take help from our wide range of services:
Our extensive range of writing services relieves students from the repressed feeling of not doing well in their academics. With our writing services, you get the guarantee of receiving higher grades in assignment writing. EssayGator.com is the one-stop solution for the students who struggle to put up decent quality assignments. Our wide range of writing services include,
(i) Essay writing help
(ii) Dissertation writing help
(iii) Thesis writing help
(iv) Research paper help services
(v) Term paper writing services
(vi) Case study writing help
(vii) Book review help
Our experts provide every type of assignment help, tutoring and mentoring.
Why believe in us?
We have a team of assignment helpers who belong from diverse educational backgrounds ranging from management to nursing, from engineering to literature and many more. They are well aware of the different referencing styles and create original content by using authentic resources that result in top-quality assignments. No one can beat our pricing policies and the quality we provide. We also give discounts and offers on bulk orders and single order.
If you are serious about obtaining good grades in assignment writing, you should visit EssayGator.com now.