The Expert Way Of Presenting An Argumentative Or Persuasive Essay
The argumentative or persuasive essay is the particular type of essay in which you try to pursue readers to accept arguments you put forward. While writing an argumentative essay, presenting facts and figures that back up your stance is crucial. With a properly written persuasive essay, you can get your readers to agree with your thinking.
Flynn Denver, an assignment expert, working in Australia says that writing a persuasive essay is like being a lawyer arguing a case before the panel of jury. You need to take a stand on a certain issue either for or against it. Depending on which side you are choosing, you need to build the best possible argument to get and bind the readers’ attention.
While writing a persuasive essay, it becomes your job to persuade and convince your readers to accept and agree to a particular point of view or to take specific action. In order to write an excellent persuasive essay, you require performing good research. With profound research, you also need to be aware of reader's biases and you should acquire an in-depth understanding of both sides of the coin. An excellent persuasive essay not only explains why the writer's opinion is correct but also why the opposing view is inaccurate.
Persuasion can be found anywhere in modern life; it can be found in advertisements, blogs, newspapers editorials and also on political speeches. You can expect to be assigned to persuasive essay assignments on contemporary issues like whether banning cell phones in school is the right measures to take. You need to emphasis on a stance to the extent that your readers feel the hunch to adopt your position. While writing an argumentative or persuasive essay, always remember that you need not inform but to persuade your audience to think the way you are proposing them to consider.
Expert suggests that while writing an essay, it is always safe and best to take up the five-step writing process which is possibly the best approach to complete an essay writing tasks. Here in this blog, you will get to know how to write a persuasive essay while following this five-step writing process.
- Prewriting is all about planning about the presentation of the essay
Especially for the persuasive essay, the prewriting phase holds prominent significance. To write the persuasive essay, the first thing you need to do is to choose a position. Before you pick a side, you should get in-depth information about the issue so that you take an informed decision on which side you wish to advocate.
- Understanding the audience
In order to write the most potent essay, you should understand what is going on in your readers' mind. You should be well aware of your readers' perspective and prejudices. You need know for sure if your readers are inclined or favoring any side?
- It’s time to know more on the topic
Do your research as to convince your readers you need to depend upon solid, convincing shreds of evidence. While researching don't depend on a single source, try to pull information from various online and offline sources. It is always better to take multiple sources into account. You can use reference reads and journals to research for your essay or else you can take out information from online websites. Although if you are getting information from online sources, make sure you are referring to only official websites with a suffix like .gov, .org, .edu. Information is always accurate on these sites. While researching, identify the most convincing evidence as well as primary features of opposing views.
- Organizing an argumentative essay: The outline and the structure
Next, you need to create a framework. Before you start writing your assignment you need to organize your gathers pieces of evidence in order to build the most persuasive possible argument. In this stage, you need to take a second look at the instruction booklet for if the teacher has specified a particular structure. If your teacher has specified a structure, try to incorporate that into the outline. Typically you need to write a persuasive essay in five or six paragraphs.
Persuasive essay outline
- In the introductory paragraph you need to create a hook to grab readers' attention. This hook can be anything interesting related to the topic. An introduction is a right place to provide an overview of the argument that you are going to present in the body of the essay. The presentation should need to be properly closed by a thesis statement that will clearly state the position you are about to argue.
- The body section can be divided into subsequent paragraphs. Each paragraph should only focus on evidence; you can talk about the same aspect in different body paragraphs. Within each paragraph, you need to provide sufficient and significant details.
- After writing all body paragraphs, you need to include an opposing view paragraph, where you need to describe key points of the opposite stance and then briefly need to refute those with proper logic.
- In the concluding paragraph, go for restating and reinforcing your thesis and briefly discuss why your hypothesis is correct by citing all supporting piece of pieces of evidence.
- Drafting a persuasive essay
After organizing your thought about how to write a persuasive essay, it's finally the time that you start writing. Experts suggest that students should start writing as soon as possible so that later they get enough time to revise and edit their papers.
- While drafting the essay, first you need to start with writing the introduction. To create the ‘hook', you can open the introductory paragraph with an unusual facts or stats. You can also use a question or quotation, but be very sure that the quotation that you are using is relevant to your stance on the subject. The thesis statement should be written at the end of the introductory paragraph, and it should leave no doubt about the writer’s opinion.
- Each body paragraph should cover a separate piece of evidence, never write about the same aspect in multiple paragraphs. In the body section, you need to provide statistics, proven facts and quotes from experts.
- Consider multiple ways to write arguments. You can use an analogy; can also draw comparisons or illustrates those arguments with a hypothetical situation.
- Expert advice never to assume that readers have in-depth knowledge on the topic; you should adequately define terms and provide background information to provide readers with all necessary information about the topic.
- The concluding paragraph should bind all the loose ends together; it should summarize all vital evidence and encourage the readers to adopt a specific stand or take specific action. To make your essay more efficient, professional academic essayists suggest that you can use dramatic plea to close your essay or you can go for a prediction that implies immediate action. You can also provide and readers with specific ideas on what can be done by them.
- Revising persuasive essay
In this phase, you need to review, modify and reorganize their work with the aim of making it the best. While revision, keep these following things in mind:
- Does the essay present a strong opinion about your stance? Is it well supports by relevant facts, statistics or examples?
- Does the introduction paragraph have the necessary hook, which can intrigue readers and make them to keep reading.
- Does every body-paragraph offer exciting and focused evidence?
- Does the opposing view paragraph briefly cover every key point of the opposite side and adequately refute every aspect?
- Is the structure of the essay is as per the instruction specified by your professor?
- Does the closing paragraph accurately convey the importance of writer's (your) point of view and urge readers to think and act that way.
- Read the entire essay repeatedly and try to judge it from the reader's point of view. Check whether the piece is still missing some significant points. If do take another look at the thesis, does it present strongest possible argument. To test it, write a thesis statement based on the opposing viewpoint. In comparison does your original thesis needs more strengthening. Once the thesis presents a strong argument with a clear adversarial viewpoint, you need to keep struggling with it. Once your thesis becomes genuinely well presented, then everything falls into place more easily.
- Editing and proofreading
Editing and proofreading is the essential step of writing the best possible essays. Before you submit your essay, a casual revision isn't enough. To detect all errors in grammar and spelling and to fill gaps in the structure you need to proofread your essay correctly. Casual editing is not enough.
- Reading out loud
Before the final submission when you are finally done with all amendments, edits and corrections you need to understand it loud in front of a mirror or preferably before of friends or family. By doing so, you will be able to check if the tone of the entire essay is correct and the flow of writing is smooth enough not to create any jerk.
How does EssayGator.com offer writing and editing support with a persuasive essay?
At EssayGator.com, we make sure that students are getting the best possible assistance with even the most robust assignment. To offer writing and editing support, we have hired professional and skilled essay writers and editors who are quick with offering services.
While hiring academic writers and essayists, we make sure that they are genuine and knowledgeable. To make sure that only skilled professionals get past our selection process, we have made it really tough for those who lack in-depth knowledge and understanding of their subject. Every writer, who work for us, have years of experience in writing and dealing with complex assignments.
To write essays, especially, we have formed a separate team of professional essayists. So with us, students are guaranteed to get only the best.
At EssayGator.com, we also keep students in the loop by informing them everything about our internal writing process. With us, students get to choose writers and can supervise the entire writing phase.
After you submit your assignment requirement, all our writers will bid on your project. Depending on the price, hours need to finish the work, experience or educational qualification of writers; you can choose an expert on your own. Unlike all other assignment writing website, you don't need to release the amount at once; you can make initial make and keep paying us as we gradually proceed with your project.
You can always reach the writer via phone call or email and can supervise the writing process by communicating how you want your essay to be written. Don’t like the work? Want to discontinue? Not an issue, send us an email stating you don’t want the writer to proceed with the project, we will immediately stop working on it and will refund your money without any hassle.