Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Preferred Freelancer
Freelance writing is a dream job for many people. Dream Job! Yes, you are your own boss when you are a freelancer. Majority of the people tend to believe that freelancing is mostly done by students and younger generation. It enables them to acquire some quick money when required. But things are quite different in real life. There are many freelancers out there who have taken up freelance writing as a full-time job and are pretty satisfied with their earning. Unlike other jobs, freelancing gives you flexibility in terms of time, desire and need.
Whom Can We Expect as Freelancers
- Mostly graduate students are found to indulge in the freelance earning process to make some good money according to their time. Flexibility options are huge.
- As the trend follows, now a day, experienced people in their respective fields have started taking up freelancing. Here we can expect people in the age group of 32 years to 45 years old.
- Many of the retired full time officials have also taken up freelancing. Experienced freelancers get the maximum preference.
Some Statistical Analysis of Freelancers
- Almost more than 53 million people works as a freelancer in USA which is nearly 34% of the national workforce.
- Nearly $715 billion is contributed to the US economy by Freelancers per year.
- More than 65% of the total freelancers in the US population believe that freelancing is a respected career path.
- Interestingly, almost 80% of the total freelancers in the US feel that the best days in the freelancing field are yet to arrive.
- Considering all sectors, more than 1.5 million of the British population is involved in freelancing on a regular basis.
- British Freelancers adds a cost which is worth £21 billion to the UK economy.
- Average hourly rate for freelancers in the UK has increased to almost 10% in the previous year.
There are many advantages as well as some disadvantages of being a freelance writer. But, the pros are vast as compared to the cons. And as far as earning the tag of ‘preferred freelancer’ is concerned, it is the best that a person can get as a freelancer.
Who is a Preferred Freelancer?
He/she is a regular freelancer but with a huge number of clients; clients who want their job done by that particular freelancer. Already feeling excited? Are you looking forward in starting up your career as a full-time freelancer? Well, you are definitely on the right track.
As you read on, you will get a detailed view of the freelancing benefits, the pros and some cons too, with special focus on preferred freelancers. After all, head and tail are the two parts of the same coin. Agree?
Pros or Benefits of Becoming a Preferred Freelancer
A Freelancer is a happy person. He/she gets all the privileges that he/she desires to have. Working hours are not fixed. You can work as you desire. What more fun can an earning process be! And if you are a preferred freelancer, earning is definitely more!
Freelance on the field you expertise
When a person is applying for a job at a particular organization, he or she adheres to the particular post that he/she gets appointed into. But, while you are providing freelance service, you have the full advantage to choose the job profile or profiles you desire. Let me explain. A person can be good in 3d modeling as well as writing. When you get appointed at a company, you will be allowed to do a single job, but when you are doing freelancing you can have multiple profiles of your expertise fields and you are ready to offer any kind of service as per your desire.
You are the sole representative of the services you provide. No one has a hand in it. The type of accuracy of the service you provide, the more likely you are to get recommendations by clients, both existing and newcomers. This is basically what is known as Preferred Freelancing. Once you get a bit of popularity for your fantastic outputs, there is no end to the income that you can avail. Freelancing can pay you more than regular jobs.
Be the best family person that was once unexpected
You have your own time. You can work whenever you feel like. You can take holidays whenever you want or whenever the situation demands. Isn’t that cool? Yes, it is. Freelancing gives you such fantastic privileges that no other job can offer! And preferred freelancers enjoy more of this benefit as clients are ready to wait; they won’t get the work done from anyone else.
Any established organization will have a particular format and a protocol for the employees and workers to follow. Even there will be terms under which you and your work must accumulate. But when you are a preferred freelancer you can follow the smartest and cheapest ways to get the exact output desired by your client efficiently and with ease. After all the common proverb follows with Freelancers, i.e. “You Are Your Own Boss”.
A Brief Idea About How Much You Can Earn as a Preferred Freelancer
Earning through freelance writing is an easy job to do when you are good with words. Again, when you are providing excellent outputs to your clients you are turning up to be an eligible preferred freelancer. Definitely you will require an approximate estimate on the earnings that you can avail as a Preferred Freelance writer.
Let us look into it in a detailed manner.
- Many websites allow you to sign up as writers and start your freelancing era. They offer a minimum fixed amount of around $5 for approximately 250 words.
- When you are highly recommended by the clients you have served, it becomes easier to get a high amount of orders.
- Preferred freelance writers in the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Canada and many other countries can earn up to $5000 to $7000. Your work enhances your rates.
- Also you can charge your clients on an hourly basis (approximate hourly value ranges from $20 to $30). All you need is to start writing excellent contents and reach up to the level of preferred freelancer.
- Optionally, you can also put up your own website and offer specified services to your clients at rates that you desire. After all, you are now a preferred freelance writer and clients will wait for you.
Cons of Being a Preferred Freelancer
With much of the beneficial factors explained, let us now have a look at the minimal cons of freelancing, especially for preferred freelancers.
There are times when a preferred freelancer can have problems with his or her customers/clients, considering the fact that he/she has more number of tasks in hand than a regular freelancer. Let us understand this with an example. Suppose a client asked you for an article or an essay on any certain topic. You took up the order and received a deadline. You found it to be 2 days from the day of order. Currently you are working on an essay which needs to be delivered today. Suddenly you get a call from the client whom you received the order minutes ago and he demands that he needs the article written today itself. You find that the topic needs a little bit of research work to do to get a fantastic output but the client is ignorant enough to understand and you lose the order! Certainly situations like this can give a bad impression to your profile and it can also develop within you a sense of negativity.
What you need to do?
At such times do not try to manipulate that particular client. Just let go. You know the type of output you prefer and the standard you follow. It is best to remain calm and continue with present orders. You are definitely going to get recommended by your existing clients.
Many-a-times, in search for clients, freelancers tend to make mistakes like “payment on delivery of work”.
What you need to do?
Well, when you are starting up that is absolutely fine. But when you are at a position where you are a preferred freelancer, take a portion of the payment as an advance. Definitely your profile will have your sample projects that made you the preferred freelancer.
To conclude, here is an advisory point that can help you achieve the most as a freelancer, especially a preferred freelancer:
Do not just opt for quantity or deadline. Yes, they are important, but the most important thing to follow is quality. The quality will decide your fame, the number of clients and in turn recommendations.
To conclude, we can say that freelance writing is the only personalized full-time job that benefits each and every person in the freelancing job profile. To be a freelancer there are numerous websites, but the things that make people to not enroll themselves as freelancers in such websites is mostly low payment or lack of confidence. So go for the right portal.
Expand Your Area of Freelancing with EssayGator.com
It is a one-stop destination for students from countries like Australia, USA as well as UK, looking for help with their assignments. If you are willing to be a Preferred Freelancer, why not become a writer at EssayGator. You will be hired to write topics on various genres like
Become a freelance professional writer and expand your fame with quality essays and assignments of students from various countries and stick to the quality to assure your place as a Preferred Freelancer. Considering the payment, which each and every person looks forward to, we here at EssayGator strictly adhere to the payment process beforehand at the time of the order. In fact our motto is to provide detailed and plagiarism-free contents. Freelancers out there grab this opportunity if you are the right one and be a Preferred Freelancer at a lightning fast speed.